Interior spaces are taking shape now as work progresses to walls and windows. This week at the construction site:
- Brick installation continues along the east and west sides of the building.
- Interior partitions are almost completely framed in the new addition.
- Drywall is being hung in the east half of the addition.
- Electrical and mechanical systems are being roughed in.
- Windows will be delivered soon.
» For a live view of construction any time, visit our web cam.
» Learn more about the Nazareth College Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute.
With warmer temperatures in the forecast, construction crews are looking forward to making progress with:
- pouring foundations
- continued demolition of the entrance
- building pad preparation
- underground utility relocation
Check out the web cam for a live, bird’s eye view of construction any time: forcollegeandcommunity.org/cam.shtml.
Beginning to clear the way for construction of the new Wellness and Rehabilitation Center
The groundbreaking celebration is slated for April 28, and over the next few weeks we will begin to see the first steps toward that milestone.
Demolition of the greenhouse at Carroll Hall will begin next week. (This is also an asbestos abatement project.) Additionally, please be prepared for limitations in parking access near Carroll Hall.
A preview of what is in store for early March:
- Week of March 3: Beginning to mobilize for work as construction fencing goes up at the site.
- Week of March 10: Tree removal and the start of underground utility relocation.
Please check back for more weekly updates and a link to the construction site web cam as work gets underway.