New York State Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy joined Nazareth College President Daan Braveman and members of board of trustees College for the ceremonious groundbreaking of the Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute (WRI) on April 28. The new $16.5 million expansion has received new gift commitments of more than $3.4 million dollars, bringing total funds committed to the project to $15.5 million.
On the construction site this week:
- Steel arrives on site and erection starts at the east end of the building.
- Foundations will continue at the west side of the addition.
- Backfill for the building pad is ongoing.
- Temporary clinic space for Physical Therapy and Creative Arts Therapy is being created.
- PT will move to Elizabeth George Hall, where minor construction is needed in the lobby.
- Creative Arts Therapy will move their clinics to the Clock Tower Commons classroom.
- Faculty and staff in the west side of Carroll Hall will be packing their offices.
» Check out the web cam for a live view of construction any time: forcollegeandcommunity.org/cam