Spring has officially started. The construction crew for the Integrated Center for Math and Science is still contending with snow, but that’s hardly surprising here in upstate New York. We anticipate the weather to improve and construction to continue on schedule.
Site activities for the next couple of weeks include the following:
* The building excavation is now complete.
* Construction of the footings along the east side of the building is in progress.
* Footings will be complete in the next two weeks.
* The reinforcing steel for the foundation walls has begun at the southeast corner of the building.
* The relocation of the water line at the north end of the building will be complete next week.
* The area north of Elizabeth George will be seeded next week.
* Concrete trucks will make frequent deliveries over the next few weeks while the foundations are in progress.
Also, save the date for the official groundbreaking ceremony on Monday, April 11 at 10:30 a.m. The ceremony and reception will celebrate this historic undertaking with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends. Join us for this special occasion!